I love making these simple pom pom felt flowers.
Check out this wonderful tutorial for this kind of felt flower from Craft Snob. While you are there check out her other gorgeous flower tutorials.
What you need:
Hot glue gun
What to do:
1. Cut a sheet of felt length-wise so that you have 2 strips of felt that are 2 inches wide and 12 inches long.
2. Cut a small felt circle (not visible) about 2 inches in diameter.
3. Fold the strips of felt in half and glue the edges together. Use as little glue as possible, and try to use glue dots. Otherwise, the hot glue will dry and harden into a long strip and it will be very difficult to work with.
4. Now cut all along the side of the strip, getting as close to the edge as you can without cutting into the glue. I cut each notch to be about half an inch wide. You can make them larger or smaller for a different look, but it is important to be consistent. I did not use a ruler to mark where I would cut and I do not think it would be necessary.
5. Now start gluing the first strip to the felt circle. Spiral around the outside and keep gluing the entire strip.
6. Take the second strip and continue where the first one ended. Keep gluing until you reach the center. I have found that 2 12 inch strips work perfectly. However you may need to add part of another strip or cut off the end of your second strip if you reach the middle and have some left over.
7. Arrange the pom poms and you are done. SO EASY!
Make thinner strips and cut each petal closer together.
Add a button to the middle.
SUPER cute! Stop over for a visit sometime…
Wow, where did this idea come from? Do you just make them up or see them somewhere? I have no such hidden talent but that is okay because we can't all be great at crafts because then we would all be bored or sick of each other. I have been following you thru GFC but noticed tonight I needed to follow on Facebook so that is what I did. I would love a follow back on Facebook when you get the chance. Would you also check to see if you are following thru GFC too? I know sometimes I forget to follow thru and that is how sometimes I might follow on one thing and forget the other. Thanks for your help and have a great weekend!
Sam Findlay says
These are gorgeous! I think I've thought of 100 different ways I could use them! Thanks for the tutorial!
I love these! Thanks for sharing your tutorial! I think I'll make some for gift toppers and some for headbands.
Debbie @ OtRD says
Such a cute idea and I love that there's no sewing!!
Lolly Jane says
Great tute- love the colors! Looks easy enough 🙂
We would ♥ for you to share this with our readers at our linky party going on this weekend! XO
This is a great tutorial! I started a new linky party over at etcetorize.blogspot.com, opens tonight. I would love for you to come and share this~
Thank you for linking up to my "About you" linky party yesterday! Your family is darling 🙂 I loved reading a little bit about you.
These are cute!..and easy to make. Would love it if you would link these up at our current It's A Rockin' Party at RoCa and Company.
Carmen @ RoCa and Company
Those are so awesome! Love that they're simple to make 😀 Pinning this!
Great tutorial!!!! I featured you on my blog:
Grab your featured badge while your there!!!!
Such a great tutorial! I just whipped up 4 of these for a yarn wreath I am making a friend for her birthday. They turned out awesome! Thanks!
Thanks so much for teaching! I have four girls and this will come in handy for headbands. Of course with all credit back to you! Come see a Fairy Glitter Room and Boudicce.
Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com says
awesome! im obsessed with felt flowers right now.. ill have to try these!
Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-5.html
Just wanted to let you know that these felt flowers are one of my top 3 favorites from our link party at RoCa and Company. Make sure to stop by and grab our feature button…see you Friday again…you rocked it!
Carmen @ RoCa and Company
Make handmade says
Love it. Thanks for sharing
Sew Bee It Clothier says
A great idea — simple, simple. sometimes we over complicate things. Thank you for sharing!
I featured your cute project at Etcetorize today. Come on by and grab a button~
Wow, this is the cutest little flower project I have seen in a LONG time! Great job & thanks for the tutorial. I must try this for sure. And big thanks for linking up @ Show & Share! I appreciate you!
Just wanted to tell you that I featured you today! Grab a button if you'd like!
Laura Jolicoeur says
I love these felt flowers! I can't wait to get some felt and try to make some of my own.
SW Craft Club says
I love this tutorial, thanks for sharing it. SW Craft Club