Hi! I'm Kate from The Small Things Blog! I'm so excited to be a part of Rachel's 13 Crafts of Christmas!
I came up with a simple DIY Christmas craft for you to do!
Here is what you need:
a picture frame (the glass will become chalkboard, so it needs to be an old one, or one that you don't plan on using again)
Chalkboard Paint + painting supplies
Christmas Tree Garland
One or more styrofoam cones
Green floral wire
1. Paint the glass from the frame with Chalkboard paint. Follow directions on can.
2. While paint is drying, unwrap cones and begin cutting off sprigs from your garland.
(be prepared to create a disaster.)
Maybe recruit some friends to "help". . .
3. Once you have a large pile of sprigs, begin wrapping wire around a cone near the base.
4. Begin placing a sprig vertically as you turn the cone. Holding it with your thumb is the easiest!
5. Continue until you reach the top, twisting wire around the cone as you go, and finish by twisting the end of the wire around a loop. Sort of like a twist-tie.
6. Once your tree's are ready, and your chalkboard is dried and cured. . .
Place it on your table as a centerpiece, or as decoration on a side table, and write whatever message you would like on the chalkboard!
(forgive me for my serial killer handwriting. this is why I ask my sister to write for me.)
I hope you enjoyed this project!