#2 – Santa’s Belt Embroidery Hoop Ornament
What you need:
1. 4 inch wooden embroidery hoop
2. Red, black, white, and gray felt
3. 2 black buttons and some thread
4. Hot glue gun and scissors
5. (Optional: small hole punch)
6. Ribbon, or another way to hang the ornament
What you do:
1. Put a piece of red felt into the embroidery hoop, leaving at least an inch of extra felt around the sides.
2. Cut out a strip of black felt, and a strip of white felt. Set the pieces of felt where you want them and then secure the top of the embroidery hoop over them. (Optional: use a small hole punch to make little holes along the belt)
3. Cut out a buckle shape and hot glue it to the ornament. I added a couple of small dabs of hot glue to the black and white strips or felt to keep the ornament more secure.
4. Sew on the two black buttons. Attach ribbon to the top.
5. To finish the ornament, trim the edges of extra felt to about 1 inch. Then cut triangles out of the felt all along the circumference. Then tightly fold over each piece, gluing it to the inside of the hoop. Cut out a red felt circle just smaller than 4 inches in diameter and glue it to the back of the ornament.