Welcome! Last week, I started a series of quick blogging tips that I’ll post at the start of each week’s link party. Last week, I talked a little about Stumble Upon.
This week, I’m going to give you a couple of tips on a simple way to boost your page view stats. These tips aren’t huge secrets, and many of you probably already do these things and have these things set up. These tips aren’t about getting new traffic to come to your site, but about getting people who are already there to click on more content.
1. Add some sort of tabs or categories at the top of your blog. You can also add a list, like I did, featuring some of your more popular projects.
2. Reference past posts in your new posts. If you are making a new felt flower tutorial, mention the felt flower tutorials you have already made.
3. Add a widget to the bottom of your posts, like Link Within. It’s an easy to use free program that adds related links with thumbnails to the bottom of each post. I have gotten a LOT of clicks and page views from people clicking on other posts through Link Within.
I’m also excited to announce, that two of my sponsors this month, The NY Melrose Family, and Uncommon Designs, and I are hosting a great little advertising giveaway. (Advertising on larger blogs is another great way to boost your page views)
ONE winner will win one sidebar ad for the month of November on these three great sites. The giveaway will last until midnight Saturday night (10/13)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1. Modern Embroidery from The Little Giggler
2. How to Make a Card on the Computer from C.R.A.F.T.
3. Ombre Cassette Tape Art from Sarah SaturDIY
4. Pink and Gray Nursery (LOVE!) from Making Home Base
5. Rustic Key and Sunglasses Holder from The Thinking Closet
6. DIY Photo Canvases from How to Nest for Less
1. Spider Web Chocolate Cupcakes from The Morris Mojo
2. Acorn Coasters from The Seasoned Homemaker
3. Gorgeous Fall Mantle from Craftiments
4. Raven Inspired Porch from Create Craft Love
5. Cloth Pumpkin Wreath from A Step in the Journey
Everyday this week (Monday – Friday), there will be a new link party feature on Lines Across’s Facebook Page. Be sure to follow along to see if you’ve been featured.
1. Follow Lines Across (I also will be sharing some of my favorites throughout the week through Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest).
2. Post the Cure for the Common Monday button somewhere on your blog (or link back to Lines Across).
3. Visit and comment on at least one link for every post you share.