Then, as you grow up, Valentine's turns into a couple's day, and it feels like you have to be a part of a couple in order to celebrate. I love my husband, and look forward to a Valentine's date night (which we usually end out having a few days early or a few days late), but I really miss Valentine's being more of a holiday to tell your friends that you care about them.
One of my FAVORITE shows on TV is Parks and Recreation, and if you've ever watched it, you know that Leslie Knope is the queen of giving the perfect gifts. She created Galentine's Day (Feb. 13) as a day for girls to celebrate their friendships. It is such a fun idea, and I want to challenge you to remember to do something special for your friends, family, and coworkers this Valentines, especially any single friends you have that may feel left out.
Here are a few fun surprises, cards, and gift ideas to help celebrate your friendships this Valentine's Day.
1. Send Galentine's Day Cards. I LOVE these free ones (4 different versions via The Secret Life of Us). Perfect for friends who also love Parks and Rec!
2. Surprise someone with a Box of Balloons (via Studio DIY)
3. Make Friendship Bracelets
4. Make a Felt Heart Garland (via MADE). Dana paired this with some heart socks and tablecloth for a great gift.
5. Make a gift like these beautiful Yarn Wrapped LOVE Letters (via My Sister's Suitcase)
6. Make a sweet treat, like these Marshmallow Brownie Bites (via A Pumpkin and a Princess)
7. Give Mini Bottles of Wine (with cute printables via C.R.A.F.T.)
8. Make Homemade Bath Fizzies (via My Own Ideas) - heart shaped ones would be perfect for Valentine's