*The products reviewed in this post were provided to me by Mary Kay Inc. for the purposes of review.
So… confession time. Since baby Oliver was born in March, I have not been wearing make-up or doing my hair very often. Between taking care of him, chasing around Benjamin and Lyla (5 and 3), blogging, moving 500+ miles, and making a little bit of time for my hobbies, it just was one of the things from my daily routine that got cut. It’s so easy as a mom to be that lady in pajamas and a pony tail behind the camera taking pictures, but not being in any of them.
But Oliver is getting older. He generally sleeps through the night now, and we are finally getting settled into a new routine in a new state. Plus, the holidays are coming up and there will be a lot of family gatherings, pictures being taken, Christmas parties, and other events and I am really wanting to start being in pictures again.
That’s why it was the perfect time for me to get to try some Mary Kay® make-up and to create this fun holiday party look. I think it’s a perfect shimmery look that’s fun but still natural and subtle. I had never actually tried Mary Kay® make-up before, so I was really excited to test it out and see how it looked.
I really love the Mary Kay® products I tried. The eye shadows are great – beautiful colors that show up well when you apply them. All of the make-up worked just as well as more expensive make-up that I’ve used in the past, but for about half the cost. My FAVORITE product of all is the gel eyeliner and expandable brush. I have never been a huge fan of liquid eye liner, and I’ve always stuck to the classic pencil. However, this gel liner went on so easily, and I love the way it looks. I found that it was a lot easier to get a clean black line very close to my eyelashes, as opposed to a pencil mark across my eyelid.
To create this look, I started by applying concealer under my eyes, and a tinted moisturizer over my face. I also lightly accented my eyebrows with pencil. From there, I used my Mary Kay® make-up to complete the look.
1. Brush on Gold Coast mineral eye color on the inner areas of your eyelids.
2. Then sweep Rosengold mineral eye color from your eyelids to your creases, especially on the outer area.
3. Add a little highlight of Glistening Gold mineral eye color just under your eyebrows.
4. Outline your eyes with jet black gel eyeliner. Less is more!
5. Finish your eyes with some Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara.
6. Apply lip stick. I used Berry Kiss, which is a darker shade perfect for the holidays. Add a touch of a light colored lip stick on top in the middle of your lips to give them more dimension.
7. Add a little mineral cheek color (Golden Copper) to your cheek bones. My face is already a little red so I only use blush very lightly.
And… the ultimate test for make-up: How well did it last throughout the day? In the past I’ve tried make-up that looks great when I first put it on, but smears and fades very quickly. Honestly, smeared make-up is worse than no make-up at all. The Mary Kay® make-up held up wonderfully. The gel liner hasn’t smeared in the slightest, and the shadows only slightly faded by the end of the day.
Be sure to check out more beauty looks here and connect with your own beauty consultant.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/2/2014 – 12/21/2014.
Be sure to visit the Mary Kay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!