I'm so excited to announce that we officially opened our new shop, White Finn Designs. I will definitely be sharing and featuring new products from the shop from time to time here at Lines Across, but I'll keep most of the updates on the White Finn Facebook page.
We are two cousins who are just a few months apart in age. We've always been very close, and Stacey was even the Maid of Honor at my wedding a few years ago!
Here are a few pieces of trivia about us to help you get to know us a little better, plus to get an idea of the inspiration behind White Finn.
1. Stacey is a professional archaeologist. She is currently in grad school specializing in military archaeology. (I'm excited to see more of her fascinating and innovative ideas for jewelry that are inspired by her finds and studies).
2. Stacey loves to travel and explore. She's traveled all over the world, including Scotland, Italy, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, New Zealand, and Ireland.
3. Stacey is particularly obsessed with Scotland, Sharks, and Legos.
4. Stacey has a very spoiled turtle named Samson (and my spoiled, I mean that even I would enjoy living in his awesome terrarium).
5. Stacey went to school her freshman year of college at St. Andrews in Scotland. Once, she yelled at a group of guys blocking the entrance to the grocery store. Only when they turned around, it was Prince William and his friends. Woops! (Of course by yelled I mean "Please would you guys move!")
1. I've lived all over the US: Atlanta, Orlando, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, and Santa Clara (SF bay area). For college, my dad and I drove straight across the US, from Orlando FL to the San Francisco Bay and back.
2. As a kid, I was a total nerd. I LOVED math, latin, history, and pretty much everything at school. I still am obsessed with geometric patterns and shapes!
3. I don't share it much on my blog, but painting has always been my creative outlet. I especially love colors and how the interact together.
4. I have two kids, Benjamin (3) and Lyla (22 months). I met my husband, Grant, in high school. He is outgoing and hilarious, he works at Pier 1, and is actually in the contestant pool for Jeopardy.
5. My dream job would be some sort of inventor/product designer. It's a perfect combination of engineering and art.
About White Finn Designs
White Finn is primarily a handmade jewelry shop. We also have a shop section called Little Finn, with handmade items and accessories for kids. We also plan to add a section to the shop with handmade items for the home, as well as seasonal items such as Christmas ornaments.
Here are 10 of our favorite items:
1. The "Bella Treccia" Necklace - a handmade polymer clay necklace, available in 6 jewel tone colors
Chevron Bead Bracelet (and Necklace) - beautiful beaded bracelet featuring unique chevron edged beads
3. Silver and White Cubical Bead Earrings - dangle loop earrings featuring small cubical silver beads
4. Silver Wire Fish Earrings - stone fish beads dangle from a silver wire in these fun and simple earrings
5. Turquoise Tear Drop Earrings - elegant earrings featuring freshwater pearls
6. Natural Polymer Clay Studs - available in four colors inspired by nature
7. Braided Fabric Bracelets - soft chunky bracelets available in various shades of blue
8. Copper and Blue Beaded Necklace - featuring stone, metal, and pearl beads
9. Shades of Yellow Almond Earrings - bright almond shaped statement earrings featuring shades of yellow
10. Dream-Catcher Earrings - silver earrings inspired by a dream catcher featuring shades of purple
The Giveaway AND a Discount Code
For our opening week, use the code LINES10 for a 10% discount on all purchases.
We are also giving away $20 store credit. Enter the giveaway using rafflecopter below. One winner will be chosen after the giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Thursday, October 25.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Lately, I've been a little obsessed with making different kinds of gift boxes . So when I came across these pyramid shaped DIY gift boxe...
After posting all of those wonderful DIY stamp ideas , I had to try a few of my own. These stamps are really a combination of a few of ...
I'm always looking for simple ways to make a boring ponytail more fun and beautiful. Here are 10 fantastic tutorials to help you pull yo...
I came across this felt gift box tutorial at Curbly the other day, and I knew I wanted to try making some with card stock. (Beware,...