I am so excited to be a part of the 12 Days of Christmas series hosted by My Sister’s Suitcase.
For my project, I wanted to make some ornaments inspired by the third day of Christmas, three french hens. Apparently, the tradition says that the song, the 12 Days of Christmas was a way to teach the faith when Catholics were being persecuted. Each of the different days represents something (this website has a list), and the three french hens represent FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE. I wanted to make monochromatic ornaments that were generally all white or all gold.
What you need:
1. Empty craft ornaments
2. Puffy paint (I used Tulip Metallic White)
3. White acrylic paint
4. Optional – glittery gold paint and a gold paint pen
What you do:
1. Use the puffy paint to write the words faith, hope, and love on the outside of your ornaments. Let this dry overnight.
2. To make the all white ones, pour some white paint into the ornament. Slowly twirl the ornament around until the entire inside is covered. Let the extra paint drip back out of the ornament. Continue to slowly turn the ornament as it dries, or the paint will all settle on one side.
3. To make the “dipped” ornament, pour white paint only into the bottom center of the ornament. Turn the ornament and let the paint spread around the bottom into whatever shape you want. Let it dry upright.
4. To make the all gold monochromatic ornament, use glittery gold paint to coat the inside of the ornament. Then use a gold paint pen to draw shapes on the outside of the ornament.
Another fun family idea, would be to have your family write words on little scraps of paper that signify faith, hope, and love to them. Then stick the papers into the ornaments.
Visit My Sister’s Suitcase to follow along with the rest of the projects in this fun series, or check out them out below.
Nat and Holly says
We love the metallic monochromatic scheme of these ornaments Rachel! They turned out great 🙂 Thanks for joining in our series!
so cute i love this idea, and its soy paint!! i must have!
Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil says
Love these ornaments! Super chic!