I love making pipe cleaner animals
I made two different versions: one that sits upright and one that leans forward.
What you need:
1. Pipe cleaners
4. Pom Poms
How to make upright pipe cleaner bunnies (above):
1. Tightly wrap a 12" pipe cleaner around a cylindrical object like a pen or marker. Fold a second pipe cleaner in half and then bend back each side into a letter M (these will be your bunny ears).
2. Stick the letter M pipe cleaner through your coil.
3. Fold over the bottoms of the letter M into little bunny feet. You make have to adjust them a few times until your bunny stands upright.
4. Fold over the ears a little bit, and attach your bunny nose, tail, and eyes with glue.
How to make leaning pipe cleaner bunnies (above):
1. Wrap a pipe cleaner tightly around a pen or pencil to make your coil body. Cut another pipe cleaner in half, and slide it through the bottom of your coil. (This will be the legs.)
2. Bend the pipe cleaners towards each other and fold over the ends into looped feet. These feet are much larger than the first bunny's.
3. Bend the legs forward so that the bunny balances at an angle.
4. Use the other half of your pipe cleaner to make the ears (or use a larger piece for larger ears). Slide the pipe cleaner through the top front coil and bend the ends upward.
5. Fold down the ends into looped ears. Bend them forward a little bit. Also bend the front coil inwards a little bit to cover the face area.
6. Attach a bunny nose, eyes, and tail with glue.
Have fun. Play around with different colored pipe cleaners and pom poms. Add whiskers, bunny teeth, or accessories.
How to make pipe cleaner carrots:
1. Wrap an orange pipe cleaner around something with a point. I used the end of a paint brush. You might need to coil the end more tightly after you take it off of the paint brush.
2. Cut a few small pieces of green pipe cleaners. Wind the ends together, and fold over the tops.
3. Insert the leaves into the top of the carrot and close the top orange coil around it. You can also add a dab of glue before you do this to make it more secure.
And that's it. These would also be a cute addition to an Easter basket. What kinds of Easter crafts do you do with your kids? What color bunnies would you make?