I love these yarn-wrapped ornaments. They are so easy to make, and you probably already have everything you need to make them sitting around your house.
What you need:
5. Glue gun and scissors
What you do:
1. Draw the shape of an owl on a scrap piece of cardboard. I used thicker cardboard from an old box for support. You could also print a template if you are not good at drawing.
2. Pick out a color of yarn and start wrapping. I used a fluffy yarn for this owl and I like how it turned out. I used a hot glue gun to attach the yarn to the cardboard, but you could also tie a small knot.
3. Keep wrapping. Add small dabs of hot glue as you go, especially around the difficult places like the ears. Wrap in different directions.
4. To stop wrapping, add a small dab of glue to the end of the yarn. Tuck this piece behind some of the other yarn on the back of the ornament.
5. Cut out a small triangle from felt. Glue on the beak, then glue on button eyes.
6. Attach another piece of yarn, ribbon, twine, or wire as an ornament hanger.