There’s something just too cute about little kids dressed up. Whether you’re making or buying, handmade is the way to go for your kids’ Halloween costumes. I’ve collected 30 adorable costumes that will make you smile. The first set of handmade costumes are tutorials and inspiration. All photos are linked to the original source so you can check out the full tutorial and other pictures. A few of them don’t come with step by step instructions, but are still great as a starting point.
1. Strong Man Costume from Oh Happy Day
2. Pocahontas Costume via Dear Lillie
4. Spaghetti and Meatballs Costume from Costume Pop
6. Toy Army Man from Wild Ink
7. The Old Man from Up via Auburn Soul Photography (This one doesn’t come with a tutorial, but it’s just about the cutest thing I’ve EVER seen.)
8. Monster Costume from Juicy Bits
9. Lego Costume from Country Living (My 3 year old son saw this picture and can’t stop talking about it. I think I’ve found what I’ll be making this year!)
10. Tricky Fox Costume from Running with Scissors
11. Fox Costume from The Paper Mama
12. Paper Doll Costume from Disney Family Fun
13. Penguin Costume from Make It and Love It
14. Owl Costume from Martin Family Times
15. Thing 1 and Thing 2 Costumes from How Does She?
16. Ice Cream Cone Costume from Better Homes and Gardens
17. Starbucks Costume from My Starbucks Ideas (also no tutorial, but great inspiration!)
18. Pea in a Pod Costume for Baby from Parenting.com
19. Cloud Costume from Sarah Illenberger (sorry no tutorial for this one, just inspiration)
20. Football Onesie tutorial from Lines Across.
Here’s my top handmade costumes for babies and kids from Etsy. Cuteness overload!
21. Little Red Riding Hood Costume via Your Sparkle Box
22. Where the Wild Things Are Costume from The Radical Thread Co
23. Breakfast at Tiffany’s Tutu from Atutudes
24. Sock Monkey Costume from Knitty Button
25. Baby Turtle Costume from Calleigh’s Clips
26. Raggedy Ann from Amarmi
27. Raccoon Costume (and yes, another Fox) from Thumbelina Workshop
28. Scarecrow Costume from Laurie’s Tutu Boutique (It was NOT easy finding the original source on this one!)
29. Doughnut Costume via My Touch of Aloha
30. Sushi Onesie from The Wishing Elephant
I have one last costume for you. I couldn’t find the original source for this one, but it’s just the cutest costume and picture ever! Panda Costume (source: Pinterest)