(This post was originally posted at A Rosie Sweet Home)
What you need:
1. Mini plastic pumpkins and gourds (I got mine with a coupon at Michael’s but they’re everywhere)
3. Hot Glue Gun
What you do:
1. Use a dab of hot glue to attach the ends of the yarn to the bottom of your pumpkin or gourd. Start to wrap around in a circle, attaching with glue as you go. Be careful to not burn yourself. Maybe this is a good project to try out the cool glue gun (always wondered how that works).
2. At some point, wrap brown yarn around the stem and attach with glue.
3. Continue wrapping the yarn. I tried to wrap the yarn side by side so that it never overlapped, but it was too difficult, plus I’ve decided I like the overlapping look. Put dabs of glue in the valleys of the gourds so that the shape shows up through the wrapped yarn.
4. For the pumpkin, I wrapped the yarn up and around. I like that they go in different directions. I think that this way was a little harder though.
I love the look of yarn in the fall!