Today I’m happy to share with you my very first Silhouette project, as well as a great promotional discount code (ACROSS) so that you can buy your very own Silhouette.
I actually got the smaller Silhouette Portrait to save much valued space and money, and I am IN LOVE. Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can create. If you’re looking to create larger items, and have a larger crafting space available, I would definitely recommend the Silhouette Cameo. However, other than a smaller cutting surface, you won’t be missing out on any features by buying the Portrait.
There are so many great designs available at the Silhouette online store (for only $0.99) that you can buy and cut very quickly with no real designing involved. For example, I got this castle design, cut it out onto a piece of pink vinyl, and added it to my daughter’s plain white potty in about 5 minutes total. Now she has her very own princess potty.
However, one of the BEST parts of the Silhouette (as compared to other similar products) is the endless possibilities of things you can create with the studio software. The designer software (that is included in the promotional bundle below) has a lot of great additional features to make creating your own designs even easier.
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing