Do you have boring shoes? I certainly know I do! There are so many ways to take plain, boring, and even damaged shoes and turn them into a fun, stylish, fashionable pair. Whether you are adding glitter, sequins, fabric, paint, studs, gems, or something else, you can often update your old shoes in just a few simple steps. I’ve gathered together 40 different DIY shoe makeovers to help you solve the serious problem of boring and plain shoes that is facing so many of us today.
1. Cover your converse with gold studs via Trinkets in Bloom.
2. Add cute little triangles to canvas shoes with a paint pen via The Thinking Closet.
3. Attach white and gold studs to some plain white flats via Dream a Little Bigger.
4. Turn plain white canvas shoes into gorgeous ombre sneakers via The Better Martha.
5. Add some bling to a boring pair of shoes with gold sequins via Mark Montano.
6. Add some fun silver studs to the front of a simple pair of flats via Horses and Heels.
7. Make your own bow sandals via Swell Mayde
8. Turn your converse into a pair of stylish elastic shoes (and ditch the laces!) via Instructables.
9. Add some felt hearts to a pair of striped flats via Unusually Lovely.
10. Use magnets to create a pair of customizable ballet flats via Melissa Ting.
11. Turn a pair of white Converse into gorgeous gold and white shoes via Dream a Little Bigger.
12. Make boutique style shoes by adding fabric, lace, and polka dots via Flamingo Toes.
13. Use paint pens to add fun Aztec inspired patterns to denim shoes via C.R.A.F.T.
14. Add neon color-blocked tips to dressy flats via Green Wedding Shoes.
15. Use a black pen to doodle all over plain white shoes via Sand and Sisal.
16. Add a neon accent to neutral shoes via Paper & Stitch.
17. Dress up some sporty sandals with gold spikes via Love Maegan.
18. Make fun shoe clips to add to simple black shoes via Skunkboy.
19. Add black leather trim and bows to black flats via Free Series.
20. Fix old Toms and make them more stylish via Under the Sycamore.
21. Dye white shoelaces for a fun ombre accent via Alyssa and Carla.
22. Decorate plain canvas shoes with yellow and white arrows via Tiny Telecast.
23. Wrap sandals with fun stylish fabric for a new look via Miss Kris.
24. Give an old pair of Toms a second (more sparkly) life with some glitter via Lil Blue Boo.
25. Cover a pair of Vans in gold spikes via Honestly WTF.
26. Embellish plain leather sandals with crystals via Henry Happened.
27. Make heart-tipped flats via Swell Mayde.
28. Make hand painted DIY galaxy shoes via Butter and BS.
29. Add cute cats to the front of some ballet flats via Julie Ann Art.
30. Use iron on printer paper to add floral designs to a pair of fabric shoes via Always Rooney.
31. Turn plain shoes into fun watermelon ones via Kittenhood.
32. Dye your shoes with a rainbow of color via I Love to Create.
33. Embellish dress shoes with beads via A Pair and a Spare.
34. Wrap sandal straps with embroidery thread via Mom Spark.
35. Add neon gems to plain white sandals via I SPY DIY.
36. Add fabric flowers to sandals for a cute summery style via My So Called Crafty Life.
37. Hand stitch some patterns and designs on plain canvas shoes via Skunkboy.
38. Use t-shirt yarn to create new braided straps for boring flip flops via By Wilma.
39. Replace the plastic straps on a pair of flip flops with some pretty fabric via The Mother Huddle.
40. Add straps and studs to a plain pair of black kitten heels via I SPY DIY.