This is a fun and simple project… a great way to use up those little scraps of paper and thread that you don’t want to throw away.
What you need:
1. Scraps of paper or card stock
2. Scraps of embroidery thread
3. Mod Podge
What you do:
1. Cut your paper to the width that you want your beads to be. Wrap the paper around something like a BBQ skewer (other ideas: a long nail, a thin paint brush, a toothpick…) and glue the ends together. Make sure you don’t glue the paper to the skewer.
2. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the outside of the paper bead. Start wrapping the scrap piece of thread around the paper.
3. Trim the extra thread and add a thin layer of Mod Podge to the outside of the bead. Let the bead dry (I moved the bead along the skewer a few times while it was drying to make sure it didn’t get stuck).
Now you can use these beads to make a bracelet, or you can mix them with other beads. I think they would look especially cute as a part of a hemp friendship bracelet.
Those are very nice…the only limit on color is the origin of the threads..cool
So cute! Thank you for the tut!
Jeepers! that is great stuff since I am a bracelet aficionado, well I am hoping to be…
Bonnie @ Uncommon says
These are beautiful!!!
A Proverbs 31 Wife says
Really, really cute! Good job.
Aysha Farooqui says
wow, they look like tiny spools of thread! 🙂
Wow! I really need to start saving my thread ends that are too small to save.
Have you ever tried crochet cotton thread? I plan to try that one of these days when 1 or 2 of the grandkids are here. thanks for the idea.
I like the bracelets very much! I just wonder what could I use instead of mod podge!
And the last turquoise beads are marvellous.
JD Lynn says
What a neat idea! I can't wait to try this out. I have so much left over floss and this would be a great (and colorful) way to burn it out!
What a great idea! My 12 year old like to bead, and makes all kinds of jewelry. I have so much left over embroidery thread that I've been looking for something to do with. Now we both can benefit from this. Thank you!
So beautiful!!! XD.