I love Chinese paper lanterns. We had them at our wedding, and we have one in our bedroom. One of the things I love most about lanterns are the endless possibilities for turning them into something new and fantastic. Here are 25 paper lantern makeovers that I’ve collected.
Be creative. Use these ideas and methods to come up with your own. Use glitter, tissue paper, crepe paper, coffee filers, and so many other crafty things to transform a simple paper lantern into something spectacular.
1. Bunting Paper Lantern via You Had Me at Bonjour
2. Flower and Pom Pom Lanterns via The Crafty Nest
3. Glitter Lantern via Oh Happy Day
4. Coffee Filter Covered Paper Lantern via Parlour
5. Cupcake Liners Paper Lantern via Poppy Haus via Design Sponge
6. Parchment Baking Cups Paper Lantern via Poppy Haus
7. Japanese Rose Lantern via Le Zoe Musings
8. Decorated Paper Lantern via HGTV
9. Dotted Tissue Paper Lantern via The Swell Life
10. Tissue Paper Lanterns via Martha Stewart
11. Surprise Crepe Paper Lanterns via Oh Happy Day
12. CMYK Lanterns via Oh Happy Day
13. Watercolor Lanterns via Four Flights of Fancy
14. Hot Air Balloon Paper Lanterns via Home Heart Craft
15. Wax Paper Lantern via Apartment Therapy
16. Book Page Lantern via Pottery Barn Kids
17. Hot Air Balloon Lanterns via Hands Occupied
18. Crocheted Lantern (with pattern) via Pickles
19. Letter Pendant Paper Lantern via Curbly
20. Owl Paper Lantern via Meet the Dubiens
21. Folded Paper “Fortune Teller” Paper Lantern (I think this is my favorite!) via The 3 R’s Blog
22. Stars and Streamers Paper Lanterns via Martha Stewart
23. All Around the World Map Page Paper Lantern via the Etsy Shop Naturally Heartfelt
24. Paper Lantern Planets via The Celebration Shoppe
25. Crepe Paper Lanterns from Urban Scarlet
I love these Rachel,,great round up!
Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon says
Awesome roundup Rachel!!! LOVE these!!!
sooooooooooooooooooo weird but cool