Summer time is the perfect time to exercise your green thumb and plant some beautiful plants to grow and decorate with. Whether you grow flowers or veggies, you will need a few pretty pots for your plant’s home. Might as well DIY those and make them fit exactly your decorating preferences! We have compiled a list of 25 DIY planters that we love. Check them out, then get to planting and growing!
- If you love your fruit and have some greens you’re growing- you might want to make our very own pineapple succulent planter! See how at: Lines Across
- Or, if you love strawberries you will love this planter by A Charming Project
- If you like a more modern look- you have to see this 3D planter by Almost Makes Perfect
- Love leather? We’ve got these leather trimmed pots, perfect for a more earthy look! The Merry Thought
- Or try these diamond shaped beauties! Believe it or not, you can make these! The Crafted Sparrow
- Make an adorable bear shaped planter just perfect for your succulents out of polymer clay. xFallenmoon
- Another simple and modern option are these mini granite pots! See: Almost Makes Perfect
- For a more ‘earthy‘ look, see these woven planters! They’re simple, but look amazing! The Lovely Drawer
- A similar but different look is the plaited clay planter from Fall For DIY
- A completely unique look would be these Balsa Wood planters! You would not believe how doable these are! Fall For DIY
- These Macrame hanging pots are a great way to display your plants in a new way! See how simple it is at: Classy Clutter
- For your small succulents, these mini clay pots are perfect! Burkatron
- Or, if you want your small succulents in some color, try these from: A Kailo Chic Life
- Or, grow them in color and a wooden, more natural look! Live Laugh Rowe
- These brushed pots give a modern, edgy look that will make your plants pop! Passion Shake
- For a colorful pattern, try this Terrazzo Tile inspired pot! Enthralling Gumption
- Or, be inspired by traditional glazed pots and try this faux glazed pot from your favorite crafting blog; Lines Across
- A modern, fast, and unique look would be this grid planter! You wouldn’t believe how it is! Homey Oh My
- Want your plants to sparkle and shine? Gold leaf pots may be your next move. The Sweetest Occasion
- Try stripped gold leaf accents on your pot at: Place of My Taste
- Use an old phone (or anything else!) for a planter! I Spy DIY (Also check out these repurposed DIY planters: A Charming Project or Easy Peasy and Fun)
- Use simple shelf-liners to recreate old pots! Two Plus Cute
- Paint a whole set of tiny cactus pots that look great displayed together on a shelf. Find the tutorial at Kate La Vie
- This handmade clay crescent moon hanging planter is stunning! Find the tutorial (by Enthralling Gumption) at DIYs.
- These wooden and colorful geometric DIY planters are great accents to a beautiful plant! Tell Love and Party
That’s a wrap! Now with all these great ideas, you are set for summer planting! With a little creativity, some water and sunshine- your potted garden will look great!
Rebecca Lopez says
Thanks for including my Diamond Hanging Planters! xoxoxo
Jennifer Dawn says
Oh my! So many great ideas! We’d be honored to have you share this round-up at our weekly link party. http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2016/07/diy-painted-projects-for-home-and.html Hope to see you there!