It is Back to School time, but you don’t have to crack down on the books quite yet! Spend some therapeutic time crafting! Why not prepare for school with these Back to School crafts? I scoured the web for the best crafts out there and here they are! Let’s make a mess.
- First off, a backpack. One always needs one of these for the back to school season! Why not make one on your own?! This one is by Hart and Sew, check it out and make one on your own!
- If you already have purchased a backpack, jazz it up with some pom poms! See how it is done at: Design Improvised
- Or, make a tote to carry all the books for school! Sew your own by Purl Soho.
- Everyone needs a lunch tote! Make own that will match your style! See how at: The Crafted Life
- To keep those lunches neat, make lunch storage boxes! The best part is that they are made out of recycled milk jugs! Learn how to make them yourself at: Creme de la Craft
- Make reusable lunch bags to carry your PB&J! Save money on plastic bags and have fun making a mess! Back to Her Roots
- To organize all your tools and your desk, make a wooden organizer. It is simple and beautiful! Make one for your own desk at: Ehow.
- Back to the basics, pencils. Everyone needs pencils for the back to school season! Use washi tape for an easy way to customize your own through Minted.
- Did you know it is possible to make erasers? Learn how to make your own at Squirrelly Minds.
- Keep your pencils together in a homemade pouch! You’ll never loose or break them anymore! Make it-Love it
- To organize those eventually messy binders, make your own dividers using washi tape! Personalize them to your style and specific courses! See how: Crafting in the Rain.
- To stay organized and on top of all that needs to be done, make your own calendars! All Things Pink and Pretty
- Protect those expensive textbooks with these book covers! They are modern, customizable, and beautiful. Fellow Fellow
- Or, have you ever thought about embroidering your notebook? You can! See how it is done: How Did You Make This
- Don’t loose your spot in the book! Why not make some creative book marks? Be inspired at: Rock Paper Feather
- Back to school decor is a must-have for many. Make sure you don’t miss making a pen or pencil holder out of a mason jar, styled after a composition book! See how it is done: Mason Jar Crafts Love
- Make new crayons out of old ones! Mix colors and make your own crayons! Make crayons at: Inspirational Momma
- Make a colorful crayon holder to inspire more creativity! This colorful rainbow is fun, easy and perfect for young students. Learn how to make your own at your favorite craft blog: Lines Across
- Stay on top of things with these ombre clipboards! Paint them at: My Frugal Adventures
- Keep organized inside your locker with this menu and planning board! Customize it for your own class schedule! Play Party Plan
Before you head back to the books, take some time to rest and refresh with useful back to school crafts for the new year. Share them with your kids, friends, or do them alone! Remember the fun you had making them throughout the school year! In celebration of back to school, let’s make a mess.
Donna West says
Wonderful and fun ideas!