It is important for me to be able to easily (as easily as possible) get out of the house with Benjamin and Lyla, whether it is to go shopping, or for a walk around the lake. Benjamin is going through a wandering faze and Lyla is getting really heavy for her front carrier, so the double stroller is key.
At Sea World with Grant’s family
We already had a front/back double stroller that fits with our Chicco car seat, but I really wanted a side by side stroller. While the front/back stroller is great for the mall or smaller stores where you want to fit through tight places, it is very difficult to turn and push, and Lyla can’t really see out from the back.
So I started to research side-by-side stroller. I wanted a sturdy jogging-type stroller for $200 or less. I found a few actual jogging strollers (the seats are always reclined back and there is only one front wheel), but every review I read said that their children quickly outgrew them and that they were squished together. Since Benjamin is already so tall (35 inches at 18 months), I wanted something built for taller kids. Then I stumbled across the Joovy ScooterX2.
The idea behind this stroller is: “The Joovy ScooterX2 is designed to fill a giant hole in the double stroller market – a lightweight, “fit through any door,” side-by-side stroller that has more room for big American kids.”
I LOVE this stroller for so many reasons.
1. It is sturdy and very easy to push. I use it to walk around the lake where there are uneven sidewalks and brick roads and the stroller handles very well.
2. It is built for tall kids. Benjamin is about 36 inches in this picture and there is still plenty of room to grow.
3. There is a built in large sunshade that provides lots of cover.
4. There are two cupholders and zippered pouches on the back.
5. There is a TON of storage space underneath the stroller.
6. There is a little divider between the two seats to help separate your two kids a little bit. There are also little pouches on both sides for toys or snacks or sippy cups.
7. Both seats are very comfortable and recline independently to any position you want.
The Joovy ScooterX2 is available in Black, Orange, and Green. When I ordered this online I was worried that the green would be too bright. However, it looks great in person and is easy to spot in a crowd.