I realized I haven’t posted a new felt flower tutorial in a long time. I love making this type of felt flower. Some people call them pom pom flowers, and there are a few variations. They remind me of little clouds you can hold in your hand, so I named them the Little Cloud flower. Plus, I already did a tutorial for flowers I called pom-pom flowers. I used a hot glue gun, but you could also use a needle and thread.
All you need is 10 felt circles and a hot glue gun, It’s that easy. I used circles that were about 2.5 inches in diameter. You can make them smaller or larger, but remember that your final flower will be about the same size as one of your circles laid flat.
1. Cut out 9 felt circles all the same size. Mine were 2.5 inches in diameter. I like that they’re all slightly different and not perfect circles. Cut out another smaller circle to use as your base.
2. Dab a little hot glue in the center of a circle.
3. Fold the circle in half, dab a little more glue, and fold it in half again. Pinch the end as it dries (but don’t burn yourself!) Try to keep the glue at the corner only to keep the flower puffy. Fold 8 of the 9 circles like this.
4. Glue one of the petals on the base like it’s a quarter of a pie.
5. Add another. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the petals are all pointing in the same direction. The side with one edge should touch the side of the next petal with two edges, and so on.
6. Continue to glue four petals to the base. This is your first layer.
7. Glue the next four petals in the same way to make the second layer. Stagger the petals.
8. Fold the last circle in half, and then loosely roll it , adding a little glue to secure. Glue this into the center of the flower.
9. Fluff the petals and enjoy!