I realized I haven’t posted a new felt flower tutorial in a long time. I love making this type of felt flower. Some people call them pom pom flowers, and there are a few variations. They remind me of little clouds you can hold in your hand, so I named them the Little Cloud flower. Plus, I already did a tutorial for flowers I called pom-pom flowers. I used a hot glue gun, but you could also use a needle and thread.
The Little Cloud flower is very similar to this fabric and felt flower, and is also similar to the yellow flower in this tutorial.
All you need is 10 felt circles and a hot glue gun, It’s that easy. I used circles that were about 2.5 inches in diameter. You can make them smaller or larger, but remember that your final flower will be about the same size as one of your circles laid flat.
1. Cut out 9 felt circles all the same size. Mine were 2.5 inches in diameter. I like that they’re all slightly different and not perfect circles. Cut out another smaller circle to use as your base.
2. Dab a little hot glue in the center of a circle.
3. Fold the circle in half, dab a little more glue, and fold it in half again. Pinch the end as it dries (but don’t burn yourself!) Try to keep the glue at the corner only to keep the flower puffy. Fold 8 of the 9 circles like this.
4. Glue one of the petals on the base like it’s a quarter of a pie.
5. Add another. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the petals are all pointing in the same direction. The side with one edge should touch the side of the next petal with two edges, and so on.
6. Continue to glue four petals to the base. This is your first layer.
7. Glue the next four petals in the same way to make the second layer. Stagger the petals.
8. Fold the last circle in half, and then loosely roll it , adding a little glue to secure. Glue this into the center of the flower.
9. Fluff the petals and enjoy!
Raquel Jiménez Bisuteria says
Muy bonitas y parecen fáciles de hacer. Bss
oh how cute! I'm on a felt flower making kick at the moment so this is perfect timing! Thanks for sharing.
Shelly @A Creative Space says
These look like so much fun to make. Excellent tutorial! 🙂
Love this! Can't wait to give it a try.
Helen Graham says
love love love the flowers!! I got a little thing for felt 😉 thanks so much for sharing!
Feral Turtle says
So Cute!! Excellent tutorial!
Rita Carvalho says
These are so lovely! Thank you for the tutorial!
Super cute and the tutorial is easy for me to follow. The Pom Pom flowers are cute too and I think these instructions will work for paper, my medium of choice! Yay!
Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon says
Absolutely precious Rachel! Great tutorial! 😉
Nat and Holly says
These are great and I love your photo of all the pieces laid out! It's fab!
I love these! I like you can use them for multiple things..home decor, hair clips, and gift wrap. 🙂
Maria Jose Arevalo Escobar says
Wow, I've seen so many tutorials about these flowers and is so hard to find one that examples it as simple as you did! Thank YOU! 🙂 And I love your stamps and gift boxes!
Elaine Newell says