This gift guide is inspired by things that my 3 year old son already has and loves, and by things that I want to get him this year for Christmas. I’m also including some links to gift ideas for all preschoolers.
(You can also check out my holiday gift guide for women, or my toddler/baby gift guide from last year)
Has it, loves it!
1. Kiwi Crate – (Read our review here) – Kiwi Crate is a fun box of crafty goodies that is delivered to your doorstep once a month. This is such a fun gift idea for preschoolers, who will love getting a new box in the mail each month. There are a lot of different plans and the pricing is very reasonable. You could buy a single box to gift this year, or sign up for a monthly plan.
2. Thomas Trackmaster Sets – Trackmaster Toby and The Whistling Woods
– My son is obsessed with Thomas, and really loves these Trackmaster train sets. They are plastic and motorized, and a really motorized train set for preschoolers. Benjamin plays with his so much, and loves turning on the trains and watching them drive round and round the tracks. We got him this Whistling Woods set for his 3rd birthday, and I had it set up and on when he came down in the morning. It feels like he hasn’t stopped playing with it since.
3. Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway – Over the Track Signal – If your kids love Thomas and enjoy playing with wooden tracks, they will love this stop and go signal house. There are two lanes and stop signs that go up and down, changing the light above from red to green. It also makes sounds.
4. Kidsongs Videos – My brother and I loved these Kidsongs videos when we were little, and my kids still enjoy watching our old VHS tapes. We have gotten a couple of the DVDs and want to build our collection more. These are fun educational sing along songs that I love sharing with my kids something that I grew up with.
5. Melissa & Doug Beep Beep Jigsaw Puzzle – My son is just getting to the age where he loves jigsaw puzzles. This is a really fun and good quality wooden puzzle with a lot of colorful cars.
6. Lego Duplos – The Fire Station and My First Supermarket – Lego Duplos are great for preschoolers and provide hours and hours of fun. It’s a great opportunity for kids to practice building and pretend play. My kids love playing with Duplos and especially love both of these sets. We even combine them. Just today, the supermarket caught on fire and the Lego dalmatian was able to save the day and put out the fire.
7. LeapFrog Tag Junior – Benjamin was given a Tag Junior and a few of the books for his birthday. Both of my kids love this and it is such a fun idea. When you press the dog onto a page in the special board books that go along with this, the Tag Junior reads the words out loud, plus a lot of other fun interactive features.
8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Either the book or the DVD
– they are both classics and a great tradition to share with your children each year. We actually love to read this book all year round.
9. Play-Doh Mega Fun Factory – We love playing with Play-Doh, and have a few different Play-Doh activity sets.
1. Wooden Train Tunnel Building Kit from Toolbox Kids
2. Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway – Patchwork Hiro – There are so many wooden Thomas and Friends wooden railway trains on Amazon, like this patchwork Hiro. My son loves watching Hero of the Rails and would love to play with this train. Not only is the selection great, but the prices are really low on Amazon too.
3. Melissa & Doug Giant Fire Truck Floor Puzzle – How fun!
4. Lincoln Logs Classic Edition – I loved these when I was a kid and they are a fantastic classic building set.
5. Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway – Tidmouth Sheds – This gift will have a huge impact for a Thomas fan. It is compatible with other Thomas wooden tracks, as well as Brio, and most other brands of wooden train tracks.
6. Marble Run Play Set – I know my son would love playing with this marble run. I’m not sure whether he would have more fun building it or watching the marbles fall down.
Leave a Reply