Happy Earth Day! In honor of our love for our planet and our love for crafting, we have compiled a list of 22 amazing and creative recycled crafts. Love our Earth well and try some for yourself! The best part, you won’t have to buy many supplies because you’re recycling things you already own!
- Use old books that are either outdated or just pretty(but not for reading), to create your own lamp! No one will believe you made it from real books! See how at: The Shabby Creek Cottage OR create a keepsake box out of an old box at Kays Keepsakes
- Recycle old wrapping paper, ribbons and such to make your own confetti! Check it out at: Lines Across
- Make a mini cork board using wine corks! DIY Candy
- Don’t throw out old ties! Make fashionable bracelets! Practically Functional
- Recycle old toys into a decorative lamp! Instructables
- Take old jar lids and make some music with these precious banjos! Our Hollydays
- Make yourself a handy phone holder out of toilet paper rolls! Everyone has those rolls laying around and this craft won’t take much time at all! The Seaman Mom
- Use old fabric scraps to make a recycled rug! My Poppet
- Extra plastic spoons? Not ready to throw them out? Recycle them in a decorative mirror! See how at: Creative Green Living
- Instead of throwing out that old pair of sweatpants, you can make a pet bed! The First Lime
- Magazines no longer need to be thrown out! Make recycled bracelets to match and accent your favorite outfit! Mark Montano Blogs
- Use old bulbs as small vases for your favorite succulents! Akamatra
- Recycle your old, ripped jeans into a sack! Make one of these adorable recreations for yourself at: Between the Lines
- Use your old soda pop bottles as sturdy organizational containers for crayons, markers, buttons, and pretty much anything else! Make It Love It
- Everyone has those broken crayons that could still be used, if they weren’t too short, broken, or crumbly! Melt them down and create new, fresh crayons! Inspirational Momma
- Or, create colorful and adorable candles! See how at: Adventures in Making
- Recycle old mint tins into small containers, perfect for your purse! DIY Candy
- Turn old puzzle pieces into beautiful wall art. Isn’t this map from Shades of Blue Interiors incredible?
- Use old egg cartons to make these beautiful spring flowers with these kids! I Heart Arts n Crafts
- Recycle old tins into small lanterns! Brendid
- Create a beautiful and decorative cork board from old wine corks! New House New Home New Life
- Turn branches into beautiful heart shaped wall art with this tutorial from Shades of Blue Interiors. I love the ombre look!
Now, this list of recycled crafts is just the beginning of infinite possibilities of things you can make from re-purposing everyday things. For more information about Earth Day or how you can support sustainable living, check out: earthday.org Now, go make a mess, recycling!
Amy Anderson says
What a great collection! Thank you so much for featuring DIY Candy – I’ll share!
Heather @ New House New Home says
Thank you for featuring my wine cork board! It’s one of my favourite upcycling projects!
You’re welcome! It is so cute! Such a great idea!