#4 Pom Pom Ice Cream Ornaments
I wanted to make a felt ice cream ornament (below), but they ended out being sort of complicated and difficult to replicate. Quick tutorial: Make a cardboard cone and glue brown felt around it with a hot glue gun. Make a couple ice cream balls with felt covering fluff. Then glue everything together, add some tiny pom pom sprinkles, and a larger red pom pom cherry. Attach a black or brown piece of pipe cleaner as an ornament hanger/cherry stem.
While I was making this felt ice cream cone (which turned out cute but also resulted in quite a few hot glue burns and a surprising amount of frustration), I came up with the idea for these much simpler pom pom ice cream cones.
They are ridiculously fun to make and very addicting.
What you need:
1. Brown construction paper, card stock, or thin cardboard (cereal box)
2. Pom poms
4. Embroidery thread
5. Glue and/or a hot glue gun
What you do:
These little ornaments are really very easy to do. I love using a hot glue gun, but you could use any glue and just wait longer for it to dry.
1. Make a lot of little brown cones. I found that it works best when the cones are narrower than the pom poms. (To make the cones, cut out a lot of rectangles, twist them into cones, glue with a hot glue gun and hold until they are dry, and then trim the tops of the cones with scissors).
2. Glue together the cone, 2 or 3 pom poms, a tied embroidery thread loop, and a smaller pom pom, button, or bead.
3. Decorate the cone and/or pom poms with glitter.
Angie Ramirez says
HI! I'm Angie.. REALLY CUTE Ice Cream Ornaments!!!! 😉
Stopping by from TT & J!
I have a linky party.. start every friday if you'd like to come by and link as many projects you want! 😉
Thanks!! Happy Holidays!
How adorable! I'm pinning this to try!
Love and Lollipops says
very cute idea!
Charm Bracelet Diva says
I pinned this! Might even blog about it! Thanks for the cuteness!
Would it be possible to purchase a pink one from you?