Gift tags are always a fun, quick, and useful project for us creative people. Handmade ones are so much more fun, and look better than simple store bought ones. I made these round gift tags with my Silhouette, and I’m sharing the free studio files with you all. If you haven’t heart, Silhouette is having a HUGE Black Friday sale starting November 28 – December 8. It is seriously the best deal you can possibly get on a Silhouette or Silhouette products all year long. Check back next Thursday for more details and a special discount code.
Gather Your Supplies
1. Cardstock circles (free studio file)
2. Cut vinyl gift tags (free studio file) – I used the Silhouette brand Premium Gold Vinyl
3. Silhouette hook
4. Silhouette scraper
5. Vinyl transfer paper
(If you’re new to vinyl, the Adhesive Vinyl Starter Kit is a great place to start. It includes everything you will need for this project, except the vinyl colors do not include gold.)
How to Transfer the Vinyl to the Cardstock
1. Place a piece of vinyl transfer paper on top of your already cut vinyl.
2. Use your Silhouette scraper to press down on the transfer paper and smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
3. Peel the transfer paper away so that the round gold circle and all of the letters are now attached to the transfer paper. Make sure you don’t loose details like the inside of your Rs or As. Now use your Silhouette hook to peel off the letters. I saved mine to use for another project.
4. Line up your cardstock circles and your gold vinyl stickers.
5. Place the sticker and transfer paper over the paper circles. Use your scraper to smooth out and press down on the surface. Peel back the transfer paper, making sure to leave the vinyl fully attached to the paper.
The gold looks great against white or black paper. I punched holes in the tops of the gift tags and added little embroidery thread tassel ties.
You can download the free studio files below. The first is for the vinyl “stickers” and the second is for simple paper circles that are the right size to go along with the stickers.
Download Peace on Earth, Merry Christmas, Silent Night, and Happy Holidays HERE.
Download the blank circles HERE.