Pillow boxes are some of my favorite boxes for treats or party favors because they are so easy to assemble, and they hold just the right amount. Today I’m sharing these super cute MONSTER pillow boxes, which would be perfect for Halloween, a monster themed birthday party, or just for fun. These are actually the first of about 7 Halloween themed pillow boxes that I’m going to be sharing over the next few weeks. (Check out the other Halloween pillow boxes here: Jack-o-lanterns, friendly monsters, mummies, Dracula, and Frankenstein. Plus check out this list of 24 Halloween treat bags and boxes for more fun ideas.)
What you need:
1. White Cardstock
(I used 65 lb)
3. Free Templates: Yellow Monster, Blue Monster, Purple Monster, Green Monster, Pink Monster, Turquoise Monster, Orange Monster
5. (Optional: X-ACTO Knife)
6. (Optional : Elmer’s Dot Runner)
What you do:
1. Print out your boxes onto plain white card stock. The boxes will print to be the color seen in the photos… slightly different from the digital files.
2. Cut out the templates. Carefully cut along the lines, leaving as much black outline as possible without leaving any white border.
3. Score along the curved lines at the top and bottom, and fold the two long edges. You can use scissors to lightly score, or the back side of an X-ACTO knife. Test on a piece of scrap paper first to make sure you aren’t cutting all the way through the paper.
4. Glue or tape the tab to the opposite side of the box.
5. Add your monster accessories here. Glue or tape them to the back side of the box. After they have dried, carefully bend back the pieces that stick out off the side of the box (like the horns) so that they lay flat (parallel with the table).
6. Fold down the flaps to make your box a pillow, and fill with treats. These boxes are really little… too small to put a gift card in, but perfect to fill with little candy like M&Ms. They fit about 25 M&Ms when full.
These are so cute, thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks for sharing! 🙂